wakefulness meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of wakefulness at MeaningMonkey.org. wakefulness meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of wakefulness (noun)
- a periodic state during which you are conscious and aware of the world
- "consciousness during wakefulness in a sane person is pretty well ordered and familiar"
- a temporary state in which you are unable (or unwilling) to sleep
- "accept your wakefulness and sleep in its own contrary way is more likely to come"
- synonyms: sleeplessness
- antonym: drowsiness
- the process of paying close and continuous attention
- "wakefulness, watchfulness, and bellicosity make a good hunter"; "vigilance is especially susceptible to fatigue"
- synonyms: alertness, vigilance, watchfulness
Source: Princeton University Wordnet