wakeful meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of wakeful at MeaningMonkey.org. wakeful meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of wakeful (adjective)
- carefully observant or attentive; on the lookout for possible danger
- "a policy of open-eyed awareness"; "the vigilant eye of the town watch"; "there was a watchful dignity in the room"; "a watchful parent with a toddler in tow"
- synonyms: argus-eyed, open-eyed, vigilant
- (of sleep) easily disturbed
- "in a light doze"; "a light sleeper"; "a restless wakeful night"
- synonyms: light
- marked by full consciousness or alertness
- "worked every moment of my waking hours"
- synonyms: waking
Source: Princeton University Wordnet