waiting meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of waiting at MeaningMonkey.org. waiting meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of waiting (noun)
- the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something)
- "the wait was an ordeal for him"
- synonyms: wait
Definition of waiting (adjective)
- being and remaining ready and available for use
- "waiting cars and limousines lined the curb"; "found her mother waiting for them"; "an impressive array of food ready and waiting for the guests"; "military forces ready and waiting"
- synonyms: ready and waiting
Source: Princeton University Wordnet