Definition of volume (noun)
- the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object
- "the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- the property of something that is great in magnitude
- physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together
- "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- synonyms: book
- a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications
- "the third volume was missing"; "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
- a relative amount
- "mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet