violate meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of violate at MeaningMonkey.org. violate meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of violate (verb)
- fail to agree with; be in violation of; as of rules or patterns
- "This sentence violates the rules of syntax"
- synonyms: break, go against
- antonym: conform to
- act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises
- "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- synonyms: breach, break, go against, infract, offend, transgress
- antonym: keep
- "Don't violate my garden"; "violate my privacy"
- violate the sacred character of a place or language
- force (someone) to have sex against their will
- destroy and strip of its possession
Source: Princeton University Wordnet