violence meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of violence at MeaningMonkey.org. violence meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of violence (noun)
- an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists)
- "he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by force and violence in the short one"
- synonyms: force
- the property of being wild or turbulent
- "the storm's violence"
- synonyms: ferocity, fierceness, furiousness, fury, vehemence, wildness
- a turbulent state resulting in injuries and destruction etc.
Source: Princeton University Wordnet