Definition of veteran (noun)
- a serviceman who has seen considerable active service
- "the veterans laughed at the new recruits"
- synonyms: veteran soldier
- a person who has served in the armed forces
- an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service
Definition of veteran (adjective)
- rendered competent through trial and experience
- "a seasoned traveler"; "veteran steadiness"; "a veteran officer"
- synonyms: seasoned
Source: Princeton University Wordnet