vet meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vet at MeaningMonkey.org. vet meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vet (noun)
- a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
- synonyms: veterinarian, veterinary, veterinary surgeon
- a person who has served in the armed forces
- synonyms: ex-serviceman, veteran
Definition of vet (verb)
- work as a veterinarian
- "She vetted for the farms in the area for many years"
- examine carefully
- "Someone should vet this report before it goes out"
- provide (a person) with medical care
- provide veterinary care for
Source: Princeton University Wordnet