Definition of sleep (noun)
- a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended
- "he didn't get enough sleep last night"; "calm as a child in dreamless slumber"
- synonyms: slumber
- a torpid state resembling deep sleep
- synonyms: sopor
- a period of time spent sleeping
- "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn't time for a nap"
- synonyms: nap
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb)
Definition of sleep (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet