Definition of extensive (adjective)
- large in spatial extent or range or scope or quantity
- "an extensive Roman settlement in northwest England"; "extended farm lands"; "surgeons with extended experience"; "they suffered extensive damage"
- synonyms: extended
- broad in scope or content
- "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
- synonyms: across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket, broad, encompassing, panoptic, wide
- of agriculture; increasing productivity by using large areas with minimal outlay and labor
- "producing wheat under extensive conditions"; "agriculture of the extensive type"
- antonym: intensive
Source: Princeton University Wordnet