Definition of expand (verb)
- extend in one or more directions
- become larger in size or volume or quantity
- "his business expanded rapidly"
- make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity
- "expand the house by adding another wing"
- grow vigorously
- exaggerate or make bigger
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- expand the influence of
- "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
- synonyms: extend
Source: Princeton University Wordnet