Definition of elaborate (verb)
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product
- "The bee elaborates honey"
- make more complex, intricate, or richer
- work out in detail
- "elaborate a plan"
- synonyms: work out
Definition of elaborate (adjective)
- marked by complexity and richness of detail
- "an elaborate lace pattern"
- synonyms: luxuriant
- developed or executed with care and in minute detail
Source: Princeton University Wordnet