Definition of welcome (noun)
- the state of being welcome
- "don't outstay your welcome"
- a greeting or reception
- "the proposal got a warm welcome"
Definition of welcome (verb)
- accept gladly
- "I welcome your proposals"
- bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
- receive someone, as into one's house
Definition of welcome (adjective)
- giving pleasure or satisfaction or received with pleasure or freely granted
- "a welcome relief"; "a welcome guest"; "made the children feel welcome"; "you are welcome to join us"
- antonym: unwelcome
Source: Princeton University Wordnet