vocal meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vocal at MeaningMonkey.org. vocal meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vocal (noun)
- music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment
- synonyms: vocal music
- a short musical composition with words
- "a successful musical must have at least three good songs"
- synonyms: song
Definition of vocal (adjective)
- relating to or designed for or using the singing voice
- "vocal technique"; "the vocal repertoire"; "organized a vocal group to sing his compositions"
- antonym: instrumental
- having or using the power to produce speech or sound
- "vocal organs"; "all vocal beings hymned their praise"
- given to expressing yourself freely or insistently
- "outspoken in their opposition to segregation"; "a vocal assembly"
- synonyms: outspoken
- full of the sound of voices
- "a playground vocal with the shouts and laughter of children"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet