verge meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of verge at MeaningMonkey.org. verge meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of verge (noun)
- a region marking a boundary
- the limit beyond which something happens or changes
- "on the verge of tears"; "on the brink of bankruptcy"
- synonyms: brink
- a ceremonial or emblematic staff
- a grass border along a road
Definition of verge (verb)
- border on; come close to
- "His behavior verges on the criminal"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet