Definition of variety (noun)
- a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- noticeable heterogeneity
- (biology) a taxonomic category consisting of members of a species that differ from others of the same species in minor but heritable characteristics
- "varieties are frequently recognized in botany"
- a show consisting of a series of short unrelated performances
- synonyms: variety show
- a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- a difference that is usually pleasant
- "he goes to France for variety"; "it is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"
- synonyms: change
Source: Princeton University Wordnet