variety meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of variety at MeaningMonkey.org. variety meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of variety (noun)
- a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
- synonyms: assortment, miscellanea, miscellany, mixed bag, mixture, motley, potpourri, salmagundi, smorgasbord
- noticeable heterogeneity
- "a diversity of possibilities"; "the range and variety of his work is amazing"
- synonyms: diverseness, diversity, multifariousness
- (biology) a taxonomic category consisting of members of a species that differ from others of the same species in minor but heritable characteristics
- "varieties are frequently recognized in botany"
- a show consisting of a series of short unrelated performances
- synonyms: variety show
- a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- a difference that is usually pleasant
- "he goes to France for variety"; "it is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"
- synonyms: change
Source: Princeton University Wordnet