Definition of surge (noun)
- a sudden forceful flow
- a sudden or abrupt strong increase
- "stimulated a surge of speculation"; "an upsurge of emotion"; "an upsurge in violent crime"
- synonyms: upsurge
- a large sea wave
- synonyms: billow
Definition of surge (verb)
- rise and move, as in waves or billows
- rise rapidly
- rise or move forward
- rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave
- "the boats surged"
- synonyms: scend
- see one's performance improve
- "He levelled the score and then surged ahead"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet