Definition of steep (noun)
- a steep place (as on a hill)
Definition of steep (verb)
- devote (oneself) fully to
- let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse
- "steep the blossoms in oil"; "steep the fruit in alcohol"
- synonyms: infuse
Definition of steep (adjective)
- having a sharp inclination
- "the steep attic stairs"; "steep cliffs"
- antonym: gradual
- greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
- of a slope; set at a high angle
- "note the steep incline"; "a steep roof sheds snow"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet