Definition of shower (noun)
- a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you
- "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
- washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle
- "he took a shower after the game"
- synonyms: shower bath
- a brief period of precipitation
- "the game was interrupted by a brief shower"
- synonyms: rain shower
- a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
- "a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
- synonyms: cascade
- someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person
- "her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
Definition of shower (verb)
- expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
- "He was showered with praise"
- synonyms: lavish
- spray or sprinkle with
- "The guests showered rice on the couple"
- take a shower; wash one's body in the shower
- "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- rain abundantly
- "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
- synonyms: shower down
- provide abundantly with
- "He showered her with presents"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet