Definition of radiate (verb)
- send out rays or waves
- "The sun radiates heat"
- send out real or metaphoric rays
- "She radiates happiness"
- extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center
- "spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"; "This plants radiate spines in all directions"
- synonyms: ray
- have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- cause to be seen by emitting light as if in rays
- "The sun is radiating"
- experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
- issue or emerge in rays or waves
- "Heat radiated from the metal box"
- spread into new habitats and produce variety or variegate
- "The plants on this island diversified"
- synonyms: diversify
Definition of radiate (adjective)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet