Definition of project (noun)
- any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted
- a planned undertaking
- synonyms: projection
Definition of project (verb)
- communicate vividly
- "He projected his feelings"
- extend out or project in space
- transfer (ideas or principles) from one domain into another
- project on a screen
- "The images are projected onto the screen"
- cause to be heard
- "His voice projects well"
- draw a projection of
- make or work out a plan for; devise
- present for consideration, examination, criticism, etc.
- "He proposed a new plan for dealing with terrorism"; "She proposed a new theory of relativity"
- synonyms: propose
- imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- put or send forth
- throw, send, or cast forward
- "project a missile"
- synonyms: send off
- regard as objective
Source: Princeton University Wordnet