Definition of outside (noun)
- the region that is outside of something
- the outer side or surface of something
Definition of outside (adjective)
- relating to or being on or near the outer side or limit
- "an outside margin"
- antonym: inside
- coming from the outside
- originating or belonging beyond some bound
- "the outside world"; "outside interests"; "an outside job"
- located, suited for, or taking place in the open air
- functioning outside the boundaries or precincts of an organized unit
- "extramural hospital care and treatment"; "extramural studies"
- leading to or from the outside
- "an outside door"
- from or between other countries
- very unlikely
- "an outside chance"; "a remote possibility"; "a remote contingency"
- synonyms: remote
- on or toward an outer edge
- "an outer lane"; "the outside lane"
- (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter
- "the pitch was away (or wide)"; "an outside pitch"
- synonyms: away
Definition of outside (adverb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet