motor meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of motor at MeaningMonkey.org. motor meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of motor (noun)
- machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- a nonspecific agent that imparts motion
- "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"
Definition of motor (verb)
- travel or be transported in a vehicle
- "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater"
- synonyms: drive
Definition of motor (adjective)
- conveying information to the muscles from the CNS
- "motor nerves"
- synonyms: centrifugal
- causing or able to cause motion
- "a motive force"; "motive power"; "motor energy"
- synonyms: motive
Source: Princeton University Wordnet