MAKE UP verb
Definition of make up (verb)
- form or compose
- devise or compose
- "This designer makes up our Spring collections"
- do or give something to somebody in return
- make up work that was missed due to absence at a later point
- "I have to make up a French exam"; "Can I catch up with the material or is it too late?"
- synonyms: catch up with
- make up something artificial or untrue
- put in order or neaten
- "make the bed"; "make up a room"
- synonyms: make
- adjust for
- come to terms
- apply make-up or cosmetics to one's face to appear prettier
- "She makes herself up every morning"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet