Definition of lash (noun)
- any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids
- leather strip that forms the flexible part of a whip
- synonyms: thong
- a quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object
Definition of lash (verb)
- beat severely with a whip or rod
- lash or flick about sharply
- "The lion lashed its tail"
- strike as if by whipping
- "The curtain whipped her face"
- synonyms: whip
- bind with a rope, chain, or cord
- "lash the horse"
- antonym: unlash
Source: Princeton University Wordnet