Definition of grand (noun)
- the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- a piano with the strings on a horizontal harp-shaped frame; usually supported by three legs
- synonyms: grand piano
Definition of grand (adjective)
- of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope
- of or befitting a lord
- rich and superior in quality
- extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers
- of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
- large and impressive in physical size or extent
- "the bridge is a grand structure"
- the most important and magnificent in adornment
- "grand ballroom"; "grand staircase"
- used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person
Source: Princeton University Wordnet