Definition of extraordinary (adjective)
- beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable
- "extraordinary authority"; "an extraordinary achievement"; "her extraordinary beauty"; "enjoyed extraordinary popularity"; "an extraordinary capacity for work"; "an extraordinary session of the legislature"
- antonym: ordinary
- far more than usual or expected
- (of an official) serving an unusual or special function in addition to those of the regular officials
- "an ambassador extraordinary"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet