Definition of exposure (noun)
- vulnerability to the elements; to the action of heat or cold or wind or rain
- "exposure to the weather" or "they died from exposure";
- the act of subjecting someone to an influencing experience
- "she denounced the exposure of children to pornography"
- the disclosure of something secret
- "they feared exposure of their campaign plans"
- aspect resulting from the direction a building or window faces
- "the studio had a northern exposure"
- the state of being vulnerable or exposed
- "his vulnerability to litigation"; "his exposure to ridicule"
- synonyms: vulnerability
- the intensity of light falling on a photographic film or plate
- "he used the wrong exposure"
- a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
- the act of exposing film to light
- presentation to view in an open or public manner
- "the exposure of his anger was shocking"
- abandoning without shelter or protection (as by leaving as infant out in the open)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet