Definition of explode (verb)
- cause to burst with a violent release of energy
- burst outward, usually with noise
- show a violent emotional reaction
- "The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary"
- be unleashed; emerge with violence or noise
- destroy by exploding
- "The enemy exploded the bridge"
- cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
- drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reactio
- increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner
- "The population of India is exploding"; "The island's rodent population irrupted"
- synonyms: irrupt
Source: Princeton University Wordnet