Definition of experience (noun)
- the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities
- "a man of experience"; "experience is the best teacher"
- antonym: inexperience
- the content of direct observation or participation in an event
- "he had a religious experience"; "he recalled the experience vividly"
- an event as apprehended
- "a surprising experience"; "that painful experience certainly got our attention"
Definition of experience (verb)
- go or live through
- have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
- undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
- "She felt resentful"; "He felt regret"
- synonyms: feel
- "The stocks had a fast run-up"
- synonyms: have
Source: Princeton University Wordnet