Definition of execute (verb)
- kill as a means of socially sanctioned punishment
- "In some states, criminals are executed"
- synonyms: put to death
- murder in a planned fashion
- "The Mafioso who collaborated with the police was executed"
- put in effect
- carry out the legalities of
- "execute a will or a deed"
- carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine
- "Run the dishwasher"; "run a new program on the Mac"; "the computer executed the instruction"
- synonyms: run
- carry out or perform an action
- sign in the presence of witnesses
- "The President executed the treaty"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet