Definition of esurient (adjective)
- extremely hungry
- "they were tired and famished for food and sleep"; "a ravenous boy"; "the family was starved and ragged"; "fell into the esurient embrance of a predatory enemy"
- synonyms: famished, ravenous, sharp-set, starved
- (often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous
- "avid for adventure"; "an avid ambition to succeed"; "fierce devouring affection"; "the esurient eyes of an avid curiosity"; "greedy for fame"
- synonyms: avid, devouring, greedy
- devouring or craving food in great quantities
Source: Princeton University Wordnet