Definition of date (noun)
- the specified day of the month
- "what is the date today?"
- synonyms: day of the month
- a participant in a date
- "his date never stopped talking"
- synonyms: escort
- a meeting arranged in advance
- a particular but unspecified point in time
- "they hoped to get together at an early date"
- synonyms: particular date
- the present
- "they are up to date"; "we haven't heard from them to date"
- the particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
- "he tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class"
- a particular day specified as the time something happens
- "the date of the election is set by law"
- sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
Definition of date (verb)
- go on a date with
- "Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
- stamp with a date
- "The package is dated November 24"
- synonyms: date stamp
- assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
- "Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- date regularly; have a steady relationship with
- provide with a dateline; mark with a date
- "She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet