Definition of concentrate (noun)
- the desired mineral that is left after impurities have been removed from mined ore
- synonyms: dressed ore
- a concentrated form of a foodstuff; the bulk is reduced by removing water
- a concentrated example of something
- "the concentrate of contemporary despair"
Definition of concentrate (verb)
- make denser, stronger, or purer
- "concentrate juice"
- direct one's attention on something
- make central
- make more concise
- draw together or meet in one common center
- "These groups concentrate in the inner cities"
- compress or concentrate
- be cooked until very little liquid is left
- cook until very little liquid is left
Source: Princeton University Wordnet