Definition of clutch (noun)
- the act of grasping
- a tense critical situation
- "he is a good man in the clutch"
- a number of birds hatched at the same time
- a collection of things or persons to be handled together
- synonyms: batch
- a woman's strapless purse that is carried in the hand
- synonyms: clutch bag
- a pedal or lever that engages or disengages a rotating shaft and a driving mechanism
- "he smoothely released the clutch with one foot and stepped on the gas with the other"
- synonyms: clutch pedal
- a coupling that connects or disconnects driving and driven parts of a driving mechanism
- "this year's model has an improved clutch"
Definition of clutch (verb)
- take hold of; grab
- hold firmly, usually with one's hands
Source: Princeton University Wordnet