Definition of charged (adjective)
- of a particle or body or system; having a net amount of positive or negative electric charge
- "charged particles"; "a charged battery"
- antonym: uncharged
- fraught with great emotion
- "an atmosphere charged with excitement"; "an emotionally charged speech"
- synonyms: supercharged
- supplied with carbon dioxide
- synonyms: aerated
- capable of producing violent emotion or arousing controversy
- "the highly charged issue of abortion"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet