Definition of behave (verb)
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- synonyms: act, do
- behave in a certain manner
- "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- synonyms: acquit, bear, carry, comport, conduct, deport
- behave well or properly
Source: Princeton University Wordnet