Definition of beginning (noun)
- the event consisting of the start of something
- "the beginning of the war"
- antonym: conclusion
- the time at which something is supposed to begin
- the first part or section of something
- "`It was a dark and stormy night' is a hackneyed beginning for a story"
- antonym: middle
- the place where something begins, where it springs into being
- the act of starting something
Definition of beginning (adjective)
- serving to begin
- "the beginning canto of the poem"; "the first verse"
- synonyms: first
Source: Princeton University Wordnet