BACK UP verb
Definition of back up (verb)
- give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to
- "She supported him during the illness"; "Her children always backed her up"
- synonyms: support
- move backwards from a certain position
- establish as valid or genuine
- "Can you back up your claims?"
- synonyms: back
- make a copy of (a computer file) especially for storage in another place as a security copy
- "You'd better back up these files!"
- become or cause to become obstructed
Source: Princeton University Wordnet