Definition of alien (noun)
- a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
- anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
Definition of alien (verb)
- transfer property or ownership
- "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- synonyms: alienate
- arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness
Definition of alien (adjective)
- not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something
- "an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"; "the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper"; "jealousy is foreign to her nature"
- synonyms: foreign
- being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world
- "alien customs"; "exotic plants in a greenhouse"; "exotic cuisine"
- synonyms: exotic
Source: Princeton University Wordnet