Definition of weight (noun)
- the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
- sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
- the relative importance granted to something
- "his opinion carries great weight"; "the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
- synonyms: weightiness
- an artifact that is heavy
- an oppressive feeling of heavy force
- "bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
- a system of units used to express the weight of something
- synonyms: system of weights
- a unit used to measure weight
- "he placed two weights in the scale pan"
- synonyms: weight unit
- (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
- synonyms: weighting
Definition of weight (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet