walk meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of walk at MeaningMonkey.org. walk meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of walk (noun)
- the act of traveling by foot
- "walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- synonyms: walking
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
- "he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
- synonyms: base on balls, pass
- manner of walking
- "he had a funny walk"
- synonyms: manner of walking
- the act of walking somewhere
- "he took a walk after lunch"
- a path set aside for walking
- a slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground
- careers in general
- "it happens in all walks of life"
- synonyms: walk of life
Definition of walk (verb)
- use one's feet to advance; advance by steps
- "Walk, don't run!"; "We walked instead of driving"; "She walks with a slight limp"; "The patient cannot walk yet"; "Walk over to the cabinet"
- antonym: ride
- accompany or escort
- "I'll walk you to your car"
- obtain a base on balls
- traverse or cover by walking
- "Walk the tightrope"; "Paul walked the streets of Damascus"; "She walks 3 miles every day"
- give a base on balls to
- live or behave in a specified manner
- "walk in sadness"
- be or act in association with
- "We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"; "Walk with God"
- walk at a pace
- "The horses walked across the meadow"
- make walk
- "He walks the horse up the mountain"; "Walk the dog twice a day"
- take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure
- "The lovers held hands while walking"; "We like to walk every Sunday"
- synonyms: take the air
Source: Princeton University Wordnet