volley meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of volley at MeaningMonkey.org. volley meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of volley (noun)
- rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms
- a tennis return made by hitting the ball before it bounces
- antonym: ground stroke
Definition of volley (verb)
- be dispersed in a volley
- "gun shots volleyed at the attackers"
- hit before it touches the ground
- "volley the tennis ball"
- discharge in, or as if in, a volley
- "the attackers volleyed gunshots at the civilians"
- make a volley
- utter rapidly
- "volley a string of curses"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet