voiceless meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of voiceless at MeaningMonkey.org. voiceless meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of voiceless (adjective)
- produced without vibration of the vocal cords
- deprived of the rights of citizenship especially the right to vote
- "labor was voiceless"; "disenfrenchised masses took to the streets"
- synonyms: disenfranchised, disfranchised, voteless
- antonym: enfranchised
- uttered without voice
- "could hardly hear her breathed plea, `Help me'"; "voiceless whispers"
- synonyms: breathed
- being without sound through injury or illness and thus incapable of all but whispered speech
- synonyms: aphonic
Source: Princeton University Wordnet