vitiate meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vitiate at MeaningMonkey.org. vitiate meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vitiate (verb)
- corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- synonyms: corrupt, debase, debauch, demoralise, demoralize, deprave, misdirect, pervert, profane, subvert
- make imperfect
- take away the legal force of or render ineffective
- "invalidate a contract"
- synonyms: invalidate, void
- antonym: validate
Source: Princeton University Wordnet