vital meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vital at MeaningMonkey.org. vital meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vital (adjective)
- urgently needed; absolutely necessary
- "a critical element of the plan"; "critical medical supplies"; "vital for a healthy society"; "of vital interest"
- synonyms: critical
- performing an essential function in the living body
- "vital organs"; "blood and other vital fluids"; "the loss of vital heat in shock"; "a vital spot"; "life-giving love and praise"
- synonyms: life-sustaining
- full of spirit
- "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world"
- synonyms: full of life, lively
- manifesting or characteristic of life
- "a vital, living organism"; "vital signs"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet