virtually meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of virtually at MeaningMonkey.org. virtually meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of virtually (adverb)
- in essence or effect but not in fact
- "the strike virtually paralyzed the city"; "I'm virtually broke"
- (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but
- "the job is (just) about done"; "the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"; "we're almost finished"; "the car all but ran her down"; "he nearly fainted"; "talked for nigh onto 2 hours"; "the recording is well-nigh perfect"; "virtually all the parties signed the contract"; "I was near exhausted by the run"; "most everyone agrees"
- synonyms: about, almost, most, near, nearly, nigh, well-nigh
Source: Princeton University Wordnet