vindictive meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vindictive at MeaningMonkey.org. vindictive meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vindictive (adjective)
- disposed to seek revenge or intended for revenge
- "more vindictive than jealous love"- Shakespeare; "punishments...essentially vindictive in their nature"- M.R.Cohen
- synonyms: revengeful, vengeful
- showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite
- "a despiteful fiend"; "a truly spiteful child"; "a vindictive man will look for occasions for resentment"
- synonyms: despiteful, spiteful
Source: Princeton University Wordnet