vindicate meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vindicate at MeaningMonkey.org. vindicate meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vindicate (verb)
- show to be right by providing justification or proof
- "vindicate a claim"
- synonyms: justify
- maintain, uphold, or defend
- "vindicate the rights of the citizens"
- clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting proof
- "You must vindicate yourself and fight this libel"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet