victorian meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of victorian at MeaningMonkey.org. victorian meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of Victorian (noun)
- a person who lived during the reign of Victoria
Definition of Victorian (adjective)
- of or relating to Queen Victoria of Great Britain or to the age in which she ruled
- "Victorian morals"
- exaggeratedly proper
- "my straitlaced Aunt Anna doesn't approve of my miniskirts"
- synonyms: priggish, prim, prissy, prudish, puritanical, square-toed, straightlaced, straight-laced, straitlaced, strait-laced, tight-laced
- typical of the moral standards or conduct of the age of Queen Victoria
Source: Princeton University Wordnet